LIST OF CUSTOMIZED TRAINING
All courses offered in English
*Courses available in French and/or English
NON-PROFIT LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
Developed in collaboration with West Island Community Shares for non-profit professionals, current and aspiring leaders and anyone interested in working in this rewarding community sector.Click here for more details >
ALL TRAINING DELIVERED ONLINE USING ZOOM OR VIA
Integrated platform for teaching online that provides in class experience using High speed internet for either MAC or PC environments, using audio or videos.
CUSTOM COURSE DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE:
Tailor an existing course to your needs
Tell us your challenge and work with us to find a cost-effective solution
Basic Online Computer Courses
MS OFFICE SUITE
- Excel* Level I – Basic – In this basic Excel course, students will learn the most common features of Excel and gain confidence in creating, formatting and enhancing simple spreadsheets.
Level II – Intermediate – This is a Intermediate Excel course, you will learn how to use formulas and advanced functions, sort and filter, add and format graphics, and protect and finalize a workbook.
Level III – Advanced
- Project Management*
- Word *
- VBA for Excel *
No programming experience is required however participants must have prior experience or knowledge (Intermediate to Advanced Excel) in Microsoft Excel or spreadsheets. In this Advanced Excel course, students further their knowledge of EXCEL and learn how to use formulas, advanced functions in greater depth.
SPECIALIZED IT COURSES – Hours may be adjusted based on your business training needs.
Computer System Security Prior networking and server installation experience is required. This course serves as an Introduction Computer Security. A combination of theory and practical exercises will be completed to demonstrate the steps to secure a company network.
Management and Processing of Big Data I Must be comfortable in Linux environment, some programming experience is required (ideally JAVA ). This course provides practical foundation level training that enables participation in big data projects. Participants will be introduced to big data technology and tools, including MapReduce and Hadoop. They will learn how to install and configure the Hadoop in cluster environment, how to write complex MapReduce programs, and how to analyze Big Data using Pig and Hive.
DATABASES - SQL SERIES*
- SQL – Introduction Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. This course provides an introduction to SQL Structure Query Language (SQL) and explores the concept of relational database management systems. We will cover the topics of designing a database, creating tables, setting primary and foreign keys as well as normalizing the database tables.
- SQL – Intermediate Completed SQL – Beginner, or working knowledge of relational databases (database design skills). The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to implementing a database server. This training provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence.
- SQL – Advanced Completed SQL Level 1 and Level 2 or working knowledge of relational databases. In this level, participants will continue to learn advanced techniques for building and designing databases using Microsoft SQL server.
- SQL – Analysis Services (SSAS) Completed SQL – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and/or experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) provides Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining features and capabilities to business intelligence (BI) projects and solutions. The tabular model in Analysis Services provides an easy-to-use and handy way for business users to access their data. Analysis Services also offers rich experiences to BI users through interoperability in Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint Server, helping people gain, use, and share insight. This training course describes how to use SQL Server Data Tools to develop and deploy an Analysis Services project and we will be focusing exclusively on Tabular Model. You will learn how to simplify the process of building complex solutions by taking advantage of the rich modeling capabilities in Analysis Services.
- SQL – Integration Services (SSIS) – Advanced This training course teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server and other Microsoft BI technologies. This course describes how to implement a BI platform to support information worker analytics. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
- SQL – Reporting Services (SSRS) Completed SQL – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and/or experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Participants will learn how to create reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Python – Level 1 Basic knowledge of programming or scripting (otherwise a strong motivation to learn is required). Participants must know how to work with the Windows graphical interface, and use Windows Explorer to manipulate files and folders. The world of software programming and scripting is a fascinating place. Computers, smartphones and electronic gadgets are all controlled by software instructions. Python is a great way to start developing programming skills, have fun and become more acquainted with the technological world around us. This course introduces the Python language and basic software development and problem solving practices.
- Python – Level 2 Completed Python – Level 1. The world of software programming and scripting is a fascinating place. Computers, smartphones and electronic gadgets are all controlled by software instructions. Python is a great way to start developing programming skills, have fun and become more acquainted with the technological world around us. This course continues exploring the Python language beyond the introductory level. Object oriented programming and other topics are explored using the Python language.
- VMware Prior networking and server installation experience. This course Serves as an Introduction to the initial installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware® vCenter Server™. This course covers VMware ESXi 6.0 and vCenter Server 6.0.
- Managing a Cloud Computing Project Basic understanding of networking concepts and the Internet. This course uses Microsoft Technology which helps you in the understanding and building of the following topics: understanding the cloud; enabling Microsoft cloud services; configuring Microsoft cloud services; and supporting cloud users. Students who are beginning studies in cloud technology need a strong foundation in the basics before moving on to more advanced technology courses. The Google/Amazon platform will be used for specific presentations and for contrast. After completing this course, the students will learn key cloud services and terminology, Microsoft cloud services, Microsoft Office 365 and the ability to use, configure, or support parts of other key Microsoft technologies for cloud services. In addition to the theoretical exposé, the student will have hands-on practice with virtualization and nested virtualization. Based on specific interest the student will have access to and in most case be able to use such services as Team, Yammer, Blog, Sway, Forms, Site web applications, OneDrive, Skype PowerApps, Planner Intune, BI, Staff Notes just to mention a few. In general, the student will have access to and use most services provided with Office 365 Business.
- Microsoft Azure – Fundamental Concepts IT professionals should already have the following technical knowledge: A basic understanding of virtualization A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users and domain controllers. An understanding of Web Sites A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries This course provides the skills required to set up and sustain an Office 365 tenant and user. Participants will learn to evaluate, plan, deploy and operate Microsoft Office 365 services that include : identities, dependencies, requirements, supporting technologies.
- Amazon Web Services Prior networking and installation experience. This course introduces the key concepts, Services of Amazon Web Services.
OTHER WEB PROGRAMMING COURSES
- PHP More info to follow
- Query More info to follow
- D Base with MS-Access More info to follow
GRAPHIC DESIGN COURSES
- CSS & HTML More info to follow
- WordPress More info to follow
- Social Media More info to follow
ENGLISH BUSINESS CONVERSATION
For intermediate students, this course emphasizes oral communication. Students are encouraged through discussions, and presentations to communicate in day-to-day situations and comment on various topics. Appropriate attention is given to grammar problems.
INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH BUSINESS CONVERSATION
For students with a knowledge of English wishing to improve conversational skills. Students learn more advanced patterns of speech, grammar, and vocabulary, enabling them to communicate in day-to-day situations and carry on a simple conversation in English.
FRENCH BUSINESS CONVERSATION*
For students with a knowledge of French wishing to improve conversational skills. Students learn more advanced patterns of speech, grammar, and vocabulary, enabling them to communicate in day-to-day situations and carry on a simple conversation in French.
This form serves as a guide to help us better understand your training needs, in order to create a custom experience designed for your organization. Please complete the required information and answer the following questions.Submit your request >
We’re Here to Help
For further information please contact
the Business training services coordinator