Full-time Program - Attestation d’Études Collégiales (AEC)
John Abbott College’s Full Stack Developer program leads to an Attestation of College Studies (A.E.C.). The objective of the Full Stack Developer program is to provide hands-on, up-to-date training using current industry-standard methodologies and technologies.
Delivered over the course of 2 years (4 semesters). Our Full Stack Developer program includes 16 courses, an internship, French language courses and workshops focusing on Quebec culture. By the end of the program, students will have attained 16 competencies, and be prepared to enter the labour market with a well-rounded set of skills.
A student who completes the full program, including an internship in the workplace, will obtain certification in front-end web development, followed by a second certification in software development. The student will receive the Full Stack Developer Attestation of collegial studies (AEC) upon completion of the program.
This work study program is designed to give students the opportunity to work part-time in their field of study during their program and full-time immediately upon graduation, and will be eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit.
The Full Stack Developer program falls under National Occupation Code (NOC) 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers. According to provincial level labour market information, the 2019-2023 job outlook in Montreal is excellent.
Source: imt Emploi-Québec3
Emploi-Québec-Information sur le marché de travail, downloaded November 30, 2020.
- Estimated hourly rate in Quebec (2018-2020)
- Minimum – $20.75
- Mid-range – $34.62
- Maximum – $51.28
- Average yearly base salary: $79,000.00
Student Exit Profile
Students who successfully complete the program will possess the following skillset composed of technical knowledge, but also the soft skills required in today’s diverse work environments.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Utilize web design and development tools, and software development methodologies.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy applications for various devices.
- Design and develop web applications in a database environment.
- Apply object-oriented software methodologies.
- Configure a web development environment.
- Create and exploit web APIs (Application Programming Interface).
- Secure a web application and web API.
- Work and communicate effectively in English and French with team members and clients.
- Work autonomously.
- Adapt to diverse environments and changing technology.
Courses will take place over a period of 24 months. They will be offered in-person for 20-25 hours per week. Courses will be scheduled in time blocks, allowing students to work up to 20 hours per week during their studies. During the summer and holiday breaks, students will be allowed to work full-time.
The schedule is subject to change without notice.
1305 hours of technical instruction and work placement
300 hours of French language courses
100 hours of Quebec culture courses
Click here for course descriptions
|420-WA5-AB||Foundations of Web Development||75 hrs|
|420-JA4-AB||Programming I||60 hrs|
|420-JB4-AB||Programming II||60 hrs|
|420-WB4-AB||Website Design||60 hrs|
|420-WC4-AB||User Interface||60 hrs|
|420-WD4-AB||Web Services||60 hrs|
|420-WE6-AB||Web Development I||90 hrs|
|420-SB3-AB||Cloud Administration and Security||45 hrs|
|420-JC3-AB||Data Structures and Algorithms||45 hrs|
|420-JD5-AB||Programming III||75 hrs|
|420-JE5-AB||Web Development II||75 hrs|
|420-JP3-AB||Integration into the Labour Market||45 hrs|
|420-WF4-AB||Application Development I||60 hrs|
|420-WG4-AB||Application Development II||60 hrs|
|420-WH6-AB||Integration Project||90 hrs|
- Secondary IV, Technical and Scientific option OR
- Secondary IV, Science option OR
- Secondary V, Cultural, Social and Technical option, OR
- Officially recognized equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- IELTS score of 6.5
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Interview by The Centre for Continuing Education
- Testing required:
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Recommended computer configuration:
- Dual-core 64-bit CPU with 8GB RAM (or more)
- SSD hard drive with at least 50GB of free space available
- Microphone + speakers + a camera
Fees (all fees due at registration)
|Title||Cost (in $CAD)|
|One time assessment fee (non-refundable)||$105|
|One time administration fee (non-refundable)||$300|
|Registration fee (per year)||$212 ($424)|
|Insurance per year||$816|
|Tuition per Semester (per year)||$7,000 ($14,000)|
Next program begins
January 16, 2023
For more information or to register
Please discuss with our recruiting partner.