Next Refresher Program for Registered Nurses licensed in Québec
If you are interested in attending the next information session, please contact email@example.com and provide the following:
1. First Name, Last Name
2. Contact Number: Home phone number and /or cell phone number
3. OIIQ license number
All candidates interested in attending the next information session will be contacted by the Nursing Department within 48 hrs to confirm their registration.
This Information Session is for nurses licensed in Quebec who have been out of the workplace for four (4) years or more.
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time Program - Attestation d’Études Collégiales (AEC) CWA.OD
A full-time day program designed to prepare you for a RETURN TO NURSING after four (4) years or more out of the workplace. This program is combined with the Professional Integration into in Quebec Program for Internationally-Education Nurses.
This is a FULL-TIME TUITION-FREE program funded by the “Ministère de l’Education de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES)”
The health care sector is actively searching for qualified candidates; job prospects are excellent. Graduates of the Nursing program work in many health care settings, such as acute or chronic care hospitals, rehabilitation centres, clinics and more…
Graduates of the program are ready to re-integrate into the workforce. They will function as collaborative members of the health care team, in accordance with the Québec Nurses’ Act.
Courses & Schedule
1-2 cohorts per year (January & July depending on number of students)
Duration of program
23- 25 weeks (480 hrs)
Classes and clinical assignments take place Monday through Friday mostly during the day.
285 hrs (38 days)
Students will participate in stages in clinical settings throughout the Montreal region (days/and or evenings)
* COURSES ARE OFFERED IN AN ONLINE ENVIRONMENT
Consists of 4 credit courses integrated with internationally educated nurses program
|Fundamentals of Nursing||45|
|Health and Illness I||180|
|Health and Illness II||180|
|Continuum of Care||75|
- Nursing graduate
- Hold a valid eligibility certificate from the “Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec” (OIIQ)
- Have been away from nursing for four (4) years or more
- Have a working knowledge of French
- Mandatory attendance at an Information Session
- Application is done online
- All eligible candidates will receive an email invitation from the Nursing Office that includes the link to register for the Refresher Program.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAM
(these documents are NOT required for the application package – they will only be needed if you are accepted to the program)
- Up-to-date Immunization List according to Québec protocols for Health Care workers
- Immunization Attestation Form (start as soon as possible as the process takes few months)
- Certificate of Medical Health
The Québec Ministry of Social Affairs has stated that all students within career Programs requiring field work in hospitals must be properly immunized for certain communicable diseases. Student must show proof of proper immunization.
- Contact your physician and your CLSC immediately to make an appointment; the above documents are both mandatory for the clinical part of the program and the process will take more than one visit before being completed.
- NO wait list available when a program is full.
|Application fee (non-refundable)||$ 30|
|Registration fees (per semester – based on full-time/QC residency status)||$ 117|
|Books & Materials (an approximate cost and may be subject to change||$ 900|
|Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) - Re-Enter Roll||$ 450|