Courses will be offered online or blended, with adjustments for onsite classes, pending the public health situation.
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
7 months, Full-time, 600 hours
This is a tuition free program funded by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de L’Enseignement supérieur (MEES)
Per provincial guidelines regarding the COVID-19 situation, John Abbott has suspended in-person activities until further notice. If you have signed up for an information session or have put your name on a list to be contacted, you will receive an email with program details.
- Monday, June 28, 2021 – 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 5, 2021 – 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
It is mandatory to attend an Information Session to be considered for the program.
Admission to program
Monday, June 28, 2021 - 9 a.m. to Friday, July 23, 2021 - 11:59 p.m.Click to register for a virtual information session
Full-time Program - Attestation d’Études Collégiales (AEC) LCE.OZ
In just under 7 months of full-time study, students in the Graphic and Web Design program will acquire the top creative skills reflective of the contemporary aesthetic in demand by today’s powerhouse businesses. They will develop a “designer’s eye,” becoming proficient at the fundamentals of good design for web and print, knowing what looks good and why. Students will also explore branding, product packaging, entrepreneurship, mobile technology, interface design, advertising materials, and much more. Students in the program will master industry-standard software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver) and, guided by teachers working in today’s design industry and a hands-on approach to learning, will be supported in applying design theory to a wide variety of practical projects: flyers, logos, newsletters, e-blasts, social media pages, posters, advertisements, and other in-demand fundamentals.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Create, edit, and composite digital photographs
- Create, trace, and modify drawings on the computer for logos and illustrations
- Design and create digital and print publications
- Design and create web sites
- Produce original, attractive documents that enhance the client’s brand image
- Work creatively, with an enhanced aesthetic sensibility
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently
Space in this program will fill up quickly; sign up for an information session and help design your own future.
THIS IS A TUITION FEE FREE PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
The graduates of this program will find employment in both small and midsize business as well in larger enterprises.
Areas of employment include retail (fashion), arts and entertainment, and multinational corporations as well as design studios.
Information from the Canadian Government in 2019 indicates that an increased shortage of graphic designers is projected over the next ten-year period.
Graduates may have one of the following typical job titles as they start work:
- Junior Web Designer
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Graphic/Web Designer
- Packaging Designer
- UX Designer
- GUI Designer
- Visual Communications Designer
Courses & Schedule
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 12:30
Duration of Program
* ALL COURSES ARE OFFERED IN AN ONLINE ENVIRONMENT
List of Courses
|412-B13-AB||Digital photo||60 hours|
|412-B15-AB||Page layout||60 hours|
|412-B16-AB||Graphic design concepts||60 hours|
|412-B07-AB||Publication design||60 hours|
|412-B08-AB||Web Design I||60 hours|
|412-B09-AB||Web Design II||60 hours|
|412-B10-AB||Web Design III||60 hours|
|412-B11-AB||Applied graphic design||60 hours|
|412-B12-AB||Design studio||60 hours|
- Fulfill AEC admission requirements
- Submit a CV
- Submit a letter of intent and motivation stating why you believe you are a good candidate for the program
- Be interviewed by the Selection Committee to evaluate the match between your learning and career goals and the teaching objectives of the program
- Have a working knowledge of English and French
|Registration fee||$117 per semester (2 semesters)|
|Books||$400 (approximate cost)|