For students who wish to enroll in a program in order to acquire or upgrade technical or professional skills for the job market, career advancement or career change.
Applicants are eligible to register in an AEC program under one (1) of the following conditions:
- Have a Québec Secondary V Diploma and have interrupted their studies for at least two (2) consecutive semesters or one (1) school year;
- Have instruction deemed acceptable by the College;
- Have completed at least one (1) year of post-secondary studies spread over one (1) year or more.
Applicants must also meet the College requirements specific to the AEC program or their choice.
Please note: Students who do not meet the admission requirements to an AEC program OR do not want to register in a program, may select à la carte courses. Please see 080.CA – Career Development courses.
LCA.84 – Finance
Programs & Courses
FALL 2022 COURSES
The Finance program consists of 10 credit courses, providing an overview of the business world as well as an understanding of the marketing and legal environments of a business. Special emphasis is placed on the acquisition of skills in accounting and finance.
The program’s objective is to provide students with a sound introduction to business administration and financial accounting practices, in preparation for work and/or advancement in the field of finance.
Upon successful completion of the program students, will be able to:
- Understand the business environment
- Produce manual accounting reports
- Produce computerized accounting reports
- Analyze and interpret data in the accounting cycle
- Acquire decision making techniques
- Contribute to business decisions
- Understand the Canadian and Quebec tax laws
Graduates of the program will qualify for entry-level positions in financial institutions, and small, medium or large businesses, where they may assist in the accounting, payroll or operations management departments.
Courses & Schedule
FINANCE - LCA.84
- Introduction to Business | 410-A03-AB Details >
- Accounting I | 410-104-AB Details >
- Accounting II | 410-B34-AB Details >
- Marketing | 410-A13-AB Details >
- Macroeconomics | 383-920-AB Details >